Thursday, August 22, 2013

Take a New Grip

So after a couple of weeks away with the family, I return and one of the first passages I read back in the real world contains Hebrews 12:12, "So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees."  

I have had several weeks of attempting to decompress, now it's time to get after the soaking with diligence.  That almost seems like an oxymoron, but I can sense a shift happening within me - one in which I am drawn to longer periods of reading.  Time for my heart to notice various points of interest and take notes on them, wondering how they might all tie in together at some point, but knowing that for now, I am simply supposed to make observations.  

So I am taking a new grip - which I trust won't turn into a new gripe!

No comments: