Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Questions Than Answers

So I've been wrestling lately with the reality of trying to live in the balance between acting in faith and using our brains to make good decisions. There really is a holy tension there that I think we must maintain if we are going to live well. We have to be people of faith who are always willing to step forward into the unknown with God, and yet realize that he inhabit us by the power of His Spirit to even help sanctify and guide our thinking and reasoning power.

The thing that is so hard for me right now is how this impacts my life as a leader. As someone who has both been called and chosen to be in a position of leadership, how do I help challenge people to step out in faith, and yet also guide us in holy wisdom? When is it time to press forward without knowing where we are going to land, and when is it time to make serious plans and use the creativity God has built within us to come to wise decisions?

I am more full or questions right now than I am answers. That's for sure!

No comments: