Thursday, February 8, 2007

Lent=Sacrifice

  • Alright friends, here we go. One of my goals with this blog is to use it as a community site for exegesis and sermon creation. The next series I have on the schedule is Lent. My aim is to try and preach on a different passage of scripture each week that is related to the topic of sacrifice. If the main purpose of Lent is to remind us of the beauty of sacrifice, and to ultimately point us to the sacrifice Christ was for us, then I want to basically look at a different snapshot each week surrounding that concept.

    So here's what I am interested in:
  • What passages of Scripture come to your mind related to sacrifice?
  • Are there key ideas or concepts that we should be examining together as a community during this season?
  • What kind of an overall series title should I use?
  • Am I totally nuts? In other words, is it going to be too depressing to focus just on the issues of sacrifice for the whole series?

And here's the schedule:

  • Feb. 21 - Ash Wednesday Service to kick the whole thing off.
  • Feb. 25 - Lent Week 1
  • March 4 - Lent Week 2
  • March 11 - Lent Week 3
  • March 18 - Lent Week 4
  • March 25 - Lent Week 5
  • April 1 - Palm Sunday
  • April 8 - Easter

Finally, here's the beauty of this blogger thing. Before when I was emailing with all of you, we really weren't seeing one another's ideas. I just got individual feedback, which was fantastic. But what I hope happens with this blog is that we can react and respond to each other's comments and ideas. That way it will truly become the beauty and power of exegeativity! So comment away, and know that everything that is shared and said here is done with love and the concern for unleashing the power of God's transforming Word in our lives and in the lives of His people.

No comments: