Thursday, December 11, 2014

Flowing Grace

This morning I was explaining the season of Advent to a young man, describing how it is a season of anticipation - that our King is coming.  But we live in a fascinating time (the in-betweens) when we know He has already come, and yet, is still going to come again.  As a result, if we are willing to have open eyes and hearts, we can actually see evidence of His coming already.

This year our church community has been full of grief.  My wife said just the other day, "I feel like this has been a year of death!" As a result, there are a number of people who have been, and are walking through the "valley of the shadow of death." This morning I heard a story of Flowing Grace between some of these grieving people.

One member of our church family who has just recently entered the valley, shared with me that another member of our community who is a little futher into that valley (but not much!), brought over a meal!  Grief reaching out and ministering God's grace to grief.  I was blown away!

But I suppose I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, after all, this is the essence of Advent.  In coming to our world, Christ changed everything, including the grieving process, and has blessed us with each other to be tangible instruments of His flowing grace between us!

Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

And help me not miss the evidence that you are already here!

No comments: