Saturday, December 20, 2014

The God Who is Here

For today's Advent reflection, I offer this quote:

Father God,
Why is it that I think I must get somewhere, assume some position, be gathered together, or separated
       apart in the quiet of my study to pray?
Why is it that I feel that I have to go somewhere or do some particular act to find you, reach you, and 
       talk with you?
You're presence is here
       In the city - on the busy bus, in the factory, in the cockpit of an airplane; in the hospital - in the 
       patients' rooms, in the intensive care unit, in the waiting room;  in the home - at dinner, in the 
       bedroom, in the family room, at my workbench;  in the car - in the parking lot, at the stoplight.
Lord, reveal your presence to me everywhere, and help me become aware of your presence each 
       moment of the day.
May your presence fill the nonanswers, empty glances, and lonely times of my life.  Amen.
                                                                  From A Thirty-Day Experiment in Prayer by Robert Wood

Come, Lord Jesus, Come.

No comments: